Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Twenty-Five.


Really? When did it become February?! The time continues to fly by as I approach three months here in Haiti at God’s Littlest Angels. So, what have I learned so far? Here are 25 random things that I’ve become more aware of, have learned or am learning, embraced, accepted, etc.

1. Haiti is absolutely beautiful.
2. I don’t miss television but I do miss my dog.
3. I can buy just about anything at the stores in town that I would want in the states… just at a cost.
4. Three adults, two babies, an oxygen tank, and an ambu can all fit into the front seat of a truck (The Transport).
5. Sometimes you have to look past the dirt/litter/fog to see beauty.
6. Altitude makes a difference
7. Children are hurt intentionally and unintentionally.
8. Many things are beyond my control.
9. I like riding in UTV’s/back of a truck better than inside a car/truck.
10. Prayer is the most valuable tool/medicine/weapon.
11. It is hard not to bring work home with you when your home is your work.
12. Adoption is a beautiful thing.
13. I have a great support system.
14. I love the children I care for more than words can describe (7 babies in 24hrs).
15. Each smile, embrace, miracle reminds me why I moved here.
16. I miss my family/friends tremendously… but February does contain the most family birthday’s so it stings a little more this month.
17. Medical supplies get used until they don’t work anymore.
18. I work with some pretty great people (Haitian, American, Canadian & Australian).
19. The Creole/Kréyol language is a part of everyday conversation.
20. I despise student loans.
21. The Haitian staff is very patient with me as I learn/ try to speak Creole.
22. I need to take more pictures.
23. iTunes is amazing/ I listen to a lot of music.
24. Although I listen to a lot of music, I don’t like being in charge of picking the music in the car.
25. God’s plans for me are bigger than my own.


So, there you have it… maybe not the blog post you were expecting, but a blog post none the less.

…to be continued…

-B

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago". Ephesians 2:1

2 comments:

  1. Brittany,
    I continue to marvel at the grace that you posess and how you make me feel better about the world in general. I wish that I had your courage to follow your heart and the path that God has given you. I need you to know this and keep it close to your heart. Also.... why are you stressing about the student loans :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, first of all I love you so much! Honestly your encouragement though out the past 7 years has helped me to follow my dreams. God blessed me with amazing and such encouraging people at WPI; more than I could ever imagined. Lastly, you know I always stress about them! God is in control though, he's got it covered :) I hope you will be around in The beginning of July.. I'll be home for three weeks and you know I'll stop by :)

    ReplyDelete