I feel I if I have change drastically in my time here. My perspective, my faith, and my personality along with a few other things have changed more than I even realize. The children and the people I am constantly surrounded by have proved to be amazing and will always have a place in my heart. Each place I go, I tend to try to create a family of some sort... I have my biological family, my PA family, my NC family, and my GLA family... It's hard to put into words the love and respect I have for my GLA family. I believe I've done my best to be a part of this family and I truly believe you must put yourself out there, help out, serve and love one another in a setting such as this. There are definitely times where I could've stayed in my box but where would that have gotten me... just lonely and isolated and I would have done that to myself. I'm so thankful I feel as if my shell was cracked quickly and I could join on in and be a part of this special group of people! The support of my GLA family and all other friends and family has been indescribable and I am so appreciative of each and everyone of you that has been a part of this little thing called life.
There have been so many challenges here, some of which I've failed miserably at and some in which I have beaten or achieved. A lot of times, I've just wanted to hit my head over and over and say why did I do that or say that... but that's where God grace comes in, washing me and healing me of all of my mistakes and um 'misdemeanors'.
In no particular order, here is a list of ten things out of the billion things I've learned here:
1. I am stronger than I once was.
2. Sometimes brutal honesty is that... Brutal.
3. I need to take care of myself better.
4. Loving one another is not always an easy task.
5. You don't have to be best friends with everyone.
6. Tattoos on the spine hurt.
7. I need to aim to please God, not people.
8. I should shut my mouth more.
9. At times, my plans do not line up with God's plans and PLANS CHANGE!
10. God's plans for me are way better than the plans I make for myself.
And here are a few prayer requests if you so wish to pray.
#1. FIND A JOB ASAP--- I know this sounds silly, nurses will always have jobs, right? Well, not necessarily. In my six years of being a nurse, most companies seem to discount my time here in Haiti. Which I feel is honestly, insane. No offense to the hospitals I've worked for before, but it gets real when you have to MacGyver something together just so that it works correctly.
#2. Acceptance--- Although, I've accepted that fact that it's time for me to move back to PA. There are days where I have a hard time accepting it. I wish for more time here and feel as if I am missing out on something by leaving.
#3. My Health--- Many of you know I had a heart issue when I was younger that can gives me issues at times, well it's that time again. I saw a new cardiologist in July and there is a plan in place but I'm honestly praying that a regular schedule and continuing to stay away from caffeine takes away all of the doctors and my concerns. Only time will tell!
Well that's about it... For all of you who were champs and read through it's entirety, bravo. Thanks for reading and thank you for you continued prayers and support. All much appreciated.
...to be continued...
-B
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
-Proverbs 19:21
No comments:
Post a Comment