“Ordinary people. He chose Moses. He chose David. He chose Peter and Paul. He chose me. He chose you. Common people. Simple people. People with nothing special about them. Nothing special except they said yes. They obeyed. They took the task God assigned them and they did it. They didn’t always do it well, but they said yes, and with His help they did it anyway. Extraordinary tasks.” -Katie Davis, Kisses from Katie
A little tangent... but, it's about to get a little deeper. As I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday, she reminded me that yesterday, August 20th, marked 30 years since my sister, Trisha, passed away from Leukemia. This October she would have turned 36 years old. Although, I did not know my sister, she has guided my life and choices I have made. I know it may sound weird but she is one of the main reasons I am a nurse today. I still remember my mom talking about the nurses who took care of her in the hospital. Trisha, was a spit fire to say the least. She was strong willed and spoke what she thought. She was strong and beautiful. In some ways I feel as if I owe it to her to live my life out to the fullest in whatever ways I can, I know she is sitting up in heaven next to Jesus watching over me and guiding my steps, while also laughing at all the silly mistakes I make. I want to make her proud. Although, I no longer have a biological sister here on earth. I am so thankful for my three sister-in-laws and my sister's in Christ who have had a major impact on me. Each person is placed in your life for a reason, whether they were physically there or not, they can still impact your life.
God is calling us all to something great. Love fearlessly. (borrowed from The 410 Bridge)
...to be continued...
-B
Oh and a little words of wisdom to end this blog from a 4 year old Trisha...
"Row, row, row, your boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...Life is Tough."
I'm so glad to be your sister now & I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! Love you. K
ReplyDeleteLove you! You are an amazing sister. I am so thankful to have you in my life.
ReplyDeleteBrit, it has been such a joy to follow your blog. It is so apparent that God has placed a high and unique calling in your life. Love you and miss you.
ReplyDelete-T.J.