Friday, October 26, 2012

More than enough.

This week has been a constant flow of packing, moving, emotions, giving away, goodbye's, etc... So forgive me for a rambling of feelings. As I pack up all of my belongings and give away/sell the majority of all possessions, I'm actually filling a bit of excess. Seriously, in my small one bedroom apartment, I managed to accrue a multitude of clothes, purses, shoes, nik-naks. I have to say it's a pretty weird feeling whittling your way through years of "stuff"... unnecessary "stuff". This is post isn't to make anyone feel guilty, I am just becoming aware of all the money I have spent on silly possessions that were completely unnecessary and perhaps were never even used or worn. 

I feel a twinge of sadness but mostly I  have a feeling of relief when an item leaves my apartment. My anxiety drops a decimal point with each item that goes out my front door, it's like each item is a small step closer to Haiti. I don't really have anxiety about moving, it's just about getting rid of my stuff. I don't want to travel to PA with it... I really don't have the means or money to do that... and it's nice stuff, stuff that could be sold & therefore money to be put into my student loans & such... The key thing is this stuff has to be bought. Alas, I am down to just needing to sell my couch & dining set. Just two more things!! Yay!!

Today/Yesterday was also a answer to prayer. My best bud Boo (my dog), has a home!!! A couple met him and took him home the same day! I think it was just meant to be! Boo is going to be loved and in a good home! Such an answer to prayers!!

So tonight I'm going to leave you with a song. This song came on just as I was finishing up packing for the night. One of my absolute favorites and the one song that could calm my heart. It reminds me that God is more than enough and provides for us more than we could ever ask or imagine. 

Chris Tomlin "Enough"



All of You is more than enough for all of me

For every thirst and every needYou satisfy me with Your loveAnd all I have in You is more than enough
You are my supplyMy breath of lifeAnd still more awesome than I knowYou are my rewardworth living forAnd still more awesome than I know
All of You is more than enough for all of meFor every thirst and every needYou satisfy me with Your loveAnd all I have in You is more than enough
You're my sacrificeOf greatest priceAnd still more awesome than I knowYou're the coming KingYou are everythingAnd still more awesome than I know
More than all I wantMore than all I needYou are more than enough for meMore than all I knowMore than all I can sayYou are more than enough for me



...to be continued...
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment