Thursday, May 31, 2012

Be still

I'm currently sitting at the beach with one of my best friends and all I keep hearing is "be still" & "take it all in". I don't get to see Abby very often because of my move to NC but I'm so glad she's here. Last night I introduced Ab to my friends here in NC and it went really well! Plus we got amazing sushi!

I feel like when my friends & family from PA meet my NC friends they are reassured that I'm okay... I have an amazing support system here in NC ... I know my mom is definitely glad I have them at least. It's interesting moving by yourself to a place you know no one. I knew God wanted me here, wasn't too sure why and I won't lie... I was running away from a few things in PA but I'm starting to see/feel as if the move to NC was more preparation for my eventual move to Haiti; not to mention the fact that I would have missed out on a lot of things here & in Haiti. Although Haiti is more drastic of a move, NC showed me I can be miles away and still maintain relationships.

So yeah, the beach is beautiful today! I want to end this post with some thankfulness. I thank God for days that lift your spirits. I thank God for friends and family who are so incredibly supportive and reassuring and last but not least I thank God for giving me a heart for missions in Haiti. Here's to this "in between" time as I prepare... Here's to being still & taking it all in!

...to be continued...

-B

1 comment:

  1. There is a word for this in between time called "liminal space" and it is like the threshold of a door, passing from one place to another a transitional phase where your neither in or out, leaving one stage and the beginning of another, but not there yet.

    ReplyDelete